- 14 years’ experience in procurement contracts, leading large-scale cross-functional teams, program and project management and risk management.
- 20+ years legal experience with contracts and negotiations.
- Lead highly complex/critical strategic sourcing projects for multiple suppliers at one time.
- Strong program management skills; scheduling stakeholder meetings, maintaining detailed records of action-items and deadlines, creating project plans, delivering on time, resolving risks and presenting program status to executive management.
- Excels at presenting complex processes and topics to suppliers, executive management, engineering, legal, finance and cross-functional teams.
- Successfully achieved project and contract deadlines on multi-year contracts valued up to and in excess of $1 billion dollars.
IT CONTRACT ADMINISTRATOR, PUGET SOUND ENERGY (Apex Systems) Feb. 2020-Present
- Lead cross-functional teams to achieve contract milestone and deliverable deadlines.
- Maintain project timelines, document and report-out on project status and provide risk resolution
- Draft IT Master Agreements, Amendments, Change Orders and facilitate and execute highly complex/critical changes to contracts, including renewals, terminations and extensions utilizing procurement software.
- Redline IT contracts in collaboration with suppliers, project leads and business partners to negotiate terms and conditions.
- Negotiate favorable contract terms and conditions to obtain the best possible outcome for PSE.
- Successfully resolve contract negotiation impasses while maintaining professional, long-term working relationships.
- Provide highly complex/critical interpretation, review and management of contractual agreements and associated internal or external correspondence/documentation.
- Facilitate timely resolution of contractual and performance issues to minimize impact of disruptions to internal customers.
- Strong understanding of business and contract law as applied to procurement and supplier management.
PROCUREMENT AGENT-CONTRACTS THE BOEING COMPANY Jan. 2008-Feb. 2020
China, Europe, Middle-Eastern Suppliers Major Aircraft Structures, Systems & Interiors
- Created cost savings of over $10 million in one year by sourcing suppliers and negotiating highly favorable contract terms and pricing, which reduced manufacturing and labor costs.
- Partnered with Business Stakeholders to develop highly complex, critical multi-year category procurement sourcing vision and strategy.
- Sourced and selected suppliers based upon detailed research of supply, quality, service, cost and innovation.
- Consistent track record of significant achievement including reducing costs, developing and improving purchasing programs and creating innovative solutions to meet corporate goals.
- Negotiated and contracts for the purchase or development of complex, high performance aerospace products with an average annual contract management value of $50-100M.
- Successfully resolved contract negotiation impasses while maintaining professional, long-term working relationships.
- Lead proposal development and negotiation and provided contracting expertise to develop creative business solutions, advanced product development and new and follow-on business.
- Emphasis on compliance with internal controls, regulatory compliance, Global Trade Controls, confidentiality of strategic sourcing plans, Intellectual Property and Industrial Participation.
- Ensured efficient and compliant supplier performance during the entire acquisition and product lifecycle including interpretation of contract requirements, risk management, change management, conflict resolution, delivery and payment.
- Employed project management tools including earned value management, risk management, contingency planning and integrated schedules to manage supplier performance, quality, cost and schedule.
IT PROCUREMENT PROGRAM MANAGER, MICROSOFT 2006 - 2007
- Wrote, reviewed and edited highly technical software contracts with international suppliers, including those with Source Code and those in excess of $5 million dollars for the MXPS (MSN.com) Team.
- Resolved key operational issues and ensured compliance with regard to US and International services contracts, laws and billing activities.
- Partnered with IT Engineering, Finance Leaders and Legal to structure procurement contracts protecting Microsoft's technology, Intellectual Property and patent rights.
- Communicated with suppliers and engineers under limited supervision and instruction to identify and resolve issues associated with the procurement cycle such as quotes, billing, contracts and other documentation discrepancies, to ensure contractual compliance.
Skills and Abilities
- MS Office
- MS Teams
- Program Management
- Project Management
- Lead Cross-functional Teams
- Inter-departmental Negotiation
- Analytical and Strategic Problem Solving
- Procurement Source to Pay
- Project Plan Creation
- Detailed Project Documentation
- Cost Reduction
Education and Training
- Bachelor’s Degree, Business Mgt. Bellevue College, Bellevue, WA Est. Completion June 2021
- Program Management Certification Boeing 2015
- Advanced Negotiation Techniques Boeing 2018
- Boeing Women in Leadership
- Member, Board of Directors, Domestic Violence Services of Snohomish County
- Trainer, Snohomish County Domestic Violence Coalition training police officers to work with domestic violence victims.
|Last Resume Update||December 21, 2020|