CHC will offer a $3,000.00 sign-on bonus for this position. (prorated based on FTE)
The Sterilization Technician operates in a team with other healthcare providers and support staff to provide quality support in accordance with agency standards. The Sterilization Technician is responsible for operating autoclaves and other equipment to clean, decontaminate and sterilize instruments and equipment, including power equipment. The Technician is also responsible for inspecting and assembling instruments, trays, packs and maintain adequate supply inventory while keeping patient care rooms fully stocked.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Reads, speaks, understands and writes proficiently in English.
• Independent and self-directed.
• Works effectively in a team environment.
• Organizes, prioritizes, and coordinates multiple activities and tasks.
• Works with initiative, energy and effectiveness in a fast-paced environment.
• Remains calm and effective in high pressure and emergency situations.
• Produces work in high quantity and quality.
• Problem-solves with creativity and ingenuity.
• Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office applications; Word, Excel and Outlook.
• Bilingual skills.
• High school graduate or equivalent.
• Three (3) months as a Sterile Process Technician or combination of related education and work experience.
• Customer service related experience working with the general public (1 year).
• Experience in a multiple provider medical or dental practice.
• Working with low income, multi-ethnic populations.
• Dental Assistant registration with the State of Washington.
• Certified Registered Central Service Technician (CRCST) by the International Association of Health Care Central Service Material Management (IAHCCSMM) or Certification Board for Sterile Processing and Distribution (CBSPD).
Job Specific Functions/Performance Expectations:
1. Sterilizes equipment and instruments in accordance with department, manufacturer, and OSHA standards using different agents, which may include steam, hydrogen peroxide, paracetic acid, ethylene oxide, and glutaraldehyde.
2. Follows established protocols when packaging and wrapping equipment and supplies in accordance with established protocols.
3. Monitors biological and chemical wash solution to ensure quality and consistency for decontamination of instruments and equipment.
4. Responsible for the coordination, assembly and distribution of supplies, equipment and instruments.
5. Performs environmental maintenance and biological spore testing per established protocols.
6. Assists in maintaining inventory levels in sterile processing, patient care rooms, and in equipment storage areas.
7. Examines equipment and instruments to detect leaks, worn or loose parts, or other indications of disrepair. Verifies that equipment functions properly, requisitions for equipment maintenance, repair or replacement, and removes defective equipment.
8. Assists in maintaining operatory, procedure rooms, exam rooms, lab and sterilization rooms in a clean and sanitary condition.
9. Assists with maintaining established departmental policies and procedures, objectives, and quality improvement, safety, and environmental and infection control standards.
10. Maintains current knowledge of sterilization/disinfection procedures in use at CHC.
11. Performs periodic tests on autoclave effectiveness and maintains accurate sterilization records.
12. Follows established inventory and supply monitoring system and purchasing protocols for maintaining stock and ordering supplies as assigned.
13. Adheres to attendance standards in order to perform the job functions for daily operations and/or continuity of patient care.
We offer competitive wages and a comprehensive benefits package designed to address health, time off, retirement and career-advancement needs. We also offer an additional $0.75/hour for those who test proficiently in a second language.
To learn more and to apply for this position, please visit our website www.CHCsno.org to complete an online application and/or submit your resume for consideration.
Join a team that loves what they do and cares about those they serve.
CHC is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer (EEO/AA)/At-will employer.