The RN Clinical Quality Specialist plans and evaluates multidisciplinary, process improvements relating to quality of clinical care/practice/service and infection control. Monitors trends and participates in the determination of need for further assessment and improvement. Recommends policy and procedure changes to improve care and patient outcomes using clinical knowledge base. In conjunction with Nursing leadership, the RN Clinical Quality Specialist participates in the development and delivery of nursing education as needed.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Reads, speaks, understands and writes proficiently in English.
• Works independently and is self-directed.
• Works effectively in a team environment.
• Organizes, prioritizes, and coordinates multiple activities and tasks.
• Works with initiative, energy and effectiveness in a fast-paced environment.
• Problem-solves with creativity and ingenuity.
• Knowledge of medical terminology.
• Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office applications; Word, Excel and Outlook.
• High school graduate or equivalent.
• Associate’s degree in Nursing.
• College level course work in statistical analysis.
• Certification in Infection Control
• Not less than a 0.5 Full Time Equivalent (FTE) of patient care within field of training within the past year.
• Clinical experience in an ambulatory or acute-care setting (3 years).
• Quality improvement/assurance experience (1 year).
• CPT-4 coding experience.
• ICD-10 coding experience.
• Healthcare information systems, such as electronic health record and practice management systems experience.
• Experience in a multiple provider medical practice.
• Working with low income, multi-ethnic populations.
• Registered Nurse license with the State of Washington
• Infection Control certification – must be obtained within two (2) years of employment.
• Membership of the American Nurses Association (ANA).
• Lean Certification.
• Driver's license with the State of Washington.
• Motor vehicle insurance liability policy, a certificate of deposit, or a liability bond to the required limits.
Job Specific Functions/Performance Expectations:
1. Works in collaboration with the Quality and Risk department and Chief Nursing Officer to assist in the development and implementation of quality improvement protocols and trainings which support the organization’s quality program as well as patient and staff safety.
2. Monitors, collects and reports actionable data in the clinical departments in support of quality improvement and regulatory compliance pertaining to patient care e.g., identify the data necessary to establish the baseline and measure the change, data gathering, presentation, interpretation and analysis, including descriptive statistical analysis.
3. Applies and teaches performance improvement methods using LEAN methodology, e.g., identify opportunities for improvement that align with clinical best practice, understand work processes, identify the root causes of variation, develop feasible change options utilizing the PDSA Model of continuous process improvement, implement the changes, measure the impact/resulting improvement, and act to hold the gain or make further changes.
4. Serves as a member of the Infection Control Team in support of both medical and dental practices, e.g., conducts trainings on infection prevention, monitors and reports adherence to the infection control policies, procedures and best practices, performs root cause analysis to identify gaps in infection control and implements protocols to support infection control in all the clinical departments.
5. Adheres to attendance standards in order to perform the job functions for daily operations and/or continuity of patient care.
We offer competitive wages and a comprehensive benefits package designed to address health, time off, retirement and career-advancement needs. We also offer an additional $0.75/hour for those who test proficiently in a second language.
To learn more and to apply for this position, please visit our website www.CHCsno.org to complete an online application and/or submit your resume for consideration.
Join a team that loves what they do and cares about those they serve.
CHC is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer (EEO/AA)/At-will employer.