The RN Clinical Quality Specialist plans and evaluates multidisciplinary, process improvements relating to quality of clinical care/practice/service and infection control. Monitors trends and participates in the determination of need for further assessment and improvement. Recommends policy and procedure changes to improve care and patient outcomes using clinical knowledge base. In conjunction with Nursing leadership, the RN Clinical Quality Specialist participates in the development and delivery of nursing education as needed.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Reads, speaks, understands and writes proficiently in English.
• Works independently and is self-directed.
• Works effectively in a team environment.
• Organizes, prioritizes, and coordinates multiple activities and tasks.
• Works with initiative, energy and effectiveness in a fast-paced environment.
• Problem-solves with creativity and ingenuity.
• Knowledge of medical terminology.
• Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office applications; Word, Excel and Outlook.Education
• High school graduate or equivalent.
• Associate’s degree in Nursing.Preferred:
• College level course work in statistical analysis.
• Certification in Infection ControlExperience
• Not less than a 0.5 Full Time Equivalent (FTE) of patient care within field of training within the past year.Preferred:
• Clinical experience in an ambulatory or acute-care setting (3 years).
• Quality improvement/assurance experience (1 year).
• CPT-4 coding experience.
• ICD-10 coding experience.
• Healthcare information systems, such as electronic health record and practice management systems experience.
• Experience in a multiple provider medical practice.
• Working with low income, multi-ethnic populations.
Job Specific Functions/Performance Expectations:
We offer competitive wages and a comprehensive benefits package designed to address health, time off, retirement and career-advancement needs. We also offer an additional $0.75/hour for those who test proficiently in a second language.
Join a team that loves what they do and cares about those they serve.
CHC is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer (EEO/AA)/At-will employer.
|8609 Evergreen Way, Everett||
|Snohomish County Only||This job is either located or can be performed in Snohomish County|
|Outside listing?||I want applicants to apply for this job elsewhere (my website, Monster, Indeed, etc.)|