Community Health Center of Snohomish County offers competitive wages and a comprehensive benefits package designed to address health, time off, retirement and career-advancement needs. Benefits available include health insurance (medical/dental/vision), up to 120 hours of vacation time pro-rated by FTE every 12 months, paid sick leave, 10-paid holidays, 403(b) Safe Harbor retirement plan with employer match, disability and life insurance, and more! We also offer $0.75/hour for those who test proficiently in a second language.
CHC is offering a $4,000 sign on bonus.
The Registered Nurse operates in a team with other clinic support staff and healthcare providers to coordinated management of chronic conditions, provide patient education and treatment as needed.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Reads, speaks, understands and writes proficiently in English.
- Works independently and is self-directed.
- Works effectively in a team environment.
- Organizes, prioritizes, and coordinates multiple activities and tasks.
- Works with initiative, energy and effectiveness in a fast-paced environment.
- Remains calm and effective in high pressure and emergency situations.
- Produces work in high quantity and quality.
- Problem-solves with creativity and ingenuity.
- Use of multi-line telephones and other office machines.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office applications; Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Associate’s degree in Nursing.
- Education and training in specialized care, such as prenatal care and pediatrics.
- Customer service related experience working with the general public (1 year).
- Care coordination/management experience
- Healthcare information systems, such as electronic health record and practice management systems experience.
- Phlebotomy experience.
- Perinatal experience.
- Phone triage experience.
- Ambulatory care setting/clinic or physician’s office experience.
- Working with low income, multi-ethnic populations.
- Registered Nurse license with the State of Washington.
- Basic Life Support for Healthcare Providers (CPR/AED) certification - must be obtained within 45 days of employment.
Job Specific Functions/Performance:
- Applies professional nursing theory within the scope of practice for nurses licensed in the State of Washington.
- Works to improve the health of patients through management of chronic conditions to include risk assessment of target population, development and implementation of care plans and coordination of care and follow up.
- Uses a patient centered medical home approach to collaborates with other specialties within the organization to provide patient care.
- Supports data collection to assess effectiveness of care.
- Facilitates diagnostic screenings addressing care gaps, chronic condition management and patient education around disease management and wellness promotion.
- Supports patients with creative solutions when barriers arise in care plans.
- Reconciles patient records and contributes to risk stratification workflows.
- Under the supervision of a primary care provider, assesses, documents, and treats minor illnesses/conditions using established clinic protocols and standing orders.
- Assures timely documentation of assessments and interventions; uses appropriate coding when applicable.
- Assists the Practice Manager and/or designee in the supervision, training and education of staff as directed.
- Provides culturally sensitive patient education in all areas of disease management and preventive health care.
- Assists Medical Assistants when appropriate.
- Adheres to attendance standards in order to perform the job functions for daily operations and/or continuity of patient care.
CHC is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer (EEO/AA)/At-will employer.