This is a new position that will also assist with creating a new recruitment workflow for centralized recruiting operations support.
The Recruiter carries out recruitment activities for the Human Resources Department. The main focus for this position is clinical support staff recruitment, including Medical Assistants and Dental Assistants. The recruiter will assist, as needed, with the recruitment of all other positions. This position is responsible for handling assigned searches, to include sourcing and prescreening of candidates, presenting of candidates to hiring managers, scheduling of interviews, following-up with candidates, assisting in reference checks, offers of employment, and assisting with the onboarding process of candidates. The Recruiter coordinates and facilitates activities for externship programs by further developing and maintaining relationships with applicable area schools and training programs.
The position will assist in developing strategies and objectives for the recruitment and retention of staff. The Recruiter will assist in the use and maintenance of any recruitment-related electronic systems and software. The position will assist in the recruitment and/or placement of temporary staff, including but not limited to maintenance of contracts and relationships with external organizations. The position must be available for limited local travel to assist with job fairs, conferences and exhibits to secure new candidates for recruitment needs.
In addition, the Recruiter will provide general human resources assistance within the Department, including recruiting and onboarding-related administrative support to the Human Resources Manager.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Reads, speaks, understands and writes proficiently in English.
• Works independently and is self-directed.
• Effective presentation skills.
• Relates and interacts with staff at all levels of the organization.
• Represents the organization in a professional and effective manner to the community.
• Works effectively in a team environment.
• Organizes, prioritizes, and coordinates multiple activities and tasks.
• Works with initiative, energy and effectiveness in a fast-paced environment.
• Produces work in high quantity and quality.
• Problem-solves with creativity and ingenuity.
• Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office applications; Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
• Public speaking: one-on-one or in group settings.
• High school graduate or equivalent.
• Associate’s degree in a related field or in lieu of degree, a combination of equivalent education and work experience.
• Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
• Full-cycle recruitment in a healthcare organization experience (2 years).
• Sourcing of employment candidates using various methods, e.g., networking, social media, advertising, job fairs, local colleges and technical programs, resume search engines, etc. (2 years).
• Recruitment electronic systems and software experience (2 years).
• Prior experience recruiting in non-profit, healthcare, FQHC and/or community health.
• Familiar with community health centers, medical/dental clinics or practices, or other healthcare settings.
• Professional of Human Resources (PHR).
• Society for Human Resources-Certified Professional (SHRM-CP).
• Driver's license with the State of Washington.
• Motor vehicle insurance liability policy, a certificate of deposit, or a liability bond to the required limits.
Job Specific Functions/Performance Expectations:
1. Executes recruitment operational activities, which include, but are not limited to, sourcing of candidates using a variety of resources (e.g. networking, social media, advertising, job fairs, local colleges and technical programs, resume search engines, etc.), conducting phone interviews/prescreening of candidates, presenting of candidates to hiring managers, scheduling and facilitating of interviews, following-up with candidates, assisting in references checks, offers of employment, and assisting with the onboarding process of candidates.
2. As the first point of contact for candidates, provides a first in class interview experience, including high-level promotion and education on applicable CHC employee programs (benefits, compensation, student loan repayment, etc.) and organizational culture.
3. Build and maintain effective relationships with hiring managers to ensure recruiting expectations are met or exceeded.
4. In coordination with recruiting peers and the Human Resources Manager, produces and executes the annual Recruitment and Retention Plan. This includes developing strategies and objectives for the recruitment and retention of staff.
5. Maintains and monitors the use and maintenance of any recruitment-related electronic systems and software, including the training and monitoring of users.
6. In partnership with recruiting peers, the Human Resources Manager and Communications Department, develops and maintains recruitment materials, in both digital and print format, and other collateral. Responsible for producing materials needed for special events.
7. Coordinates the recruitment and/or placement of temporary staff for areas of responsibility, including but not limited to maintenance of contracts and relationships with external organizations.
8. Coordinates and facilitates activities for externship programs by further developing and maintaining relationships with applicable area schools and training programs. Assists with the maintenance of contracts, affiliation agreements, etc.
9. Assists Human Resources Manager in developing recruitment budget for areas of responsibility. Tracks and monitors recruitment costs and maintains compliance with the approved fiscal budget.
10. Coordinates and facilitates recruitment meetings and other forums to assist in providing accurate and timely data to hiring managers, executive leadership, and the Department.
11. Produces reports and tracks key performance indicators (KPI’s) to assist in making data-driven decisions on recruitment operations and efforts. Meets or exceeds KPI’s established in the annual strategic plan.
12. Provides general human resources assistance within the Department, including recruiting and onboarding- related administrative support to the Human Resources Manager.
13. Stays current on and ensures compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and company policies related to areas of responsibility.
14. Adheres to attendance standards in order to perform the job functions for daily operations and/or continuity of patient care.
We offer competitive wages and a comprehensive benefits package designed to address health, time off, retirement and career-advancement needs. We also offer an additional $0.75/hour for those who test proficiently in a second language.
To learn more and to apply for this position, please visit our website www.CHCsno.org to complete an online application and/or submit your resume for consideration.
Join a team that loves what they do and cares about those they serve.
CHC is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer (EEO/AA)/At-will employer.