This is an unpaneled/float position that will be based in our urgent care/walk-in clinics. Additionally, this position will help fill vacancies in paneled provider schedules.
The Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner (unpaneled/float) provides medical care to all age groups in accordance with the State of Washington Department of Licensing and professional scope of practice. In addition, the Assistant or Practitioner provides diagnostic and therapeutic medical services to CHC patients, while making reasonable and sound medical assessments and treatment plans.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Reads, speaks, understands and writes proficiently in English.
• Independent and self-directed.
• Works effectively in a team environment.
• Organizes, prioritizes, and coordinates multiple activities and tasks.
• Works with initiative, energy and effectiveness in a fast-paced environment.
• Remains calm and effective in high pressure and emergency situations.
• Problem-solves with creativity and ingenuity.
• Knowledge of medical terminology.
• Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office applications; Word, Excel and Outlook.
• Bilingual skills.
• High school graduate or equivalent.
• Bachelor’s degree as a Physician Assistant; or Registered Nurse with a Master's degree or post Master's Certificate as an Advanced Registered Nurse Practitioner (ARNP).
• Education and training in specialized care such as prenatal care, family practice, pediatrics, obstetrics or prenatal.
• Not less than a 0.5 Full Time Equivalent (FTE) of patient care within field of training within the past year.
• CPT-4 coding experience.
• ICD-10 coding experience.
• Healthcare information systems, such as electronic health record and practice management systems experience.
• Experience in a multiple provider medical practice.
• Working with low income, multi-ethnic populations.
• Physician Assistant or Advanced Registered Nurse Practitioner (ARNP) license, with prescriptive privileges, with the State of Washington.
• DEA controlled substances registration.
• Physician Assistant certification by the National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants (NCCPA) or Advanced Registered Nurse Practitioner certification by the American Nurses Credentailing Center (ANCC) or American Academy of Nurse Practitioners (AANP).
• Basic Life Support for Healthcare Providers (CPR/AED) certification - must be obtained within 90 days of employment.
• Successful completion of CHC’s credentialing and privileging review upon hire and re-credentialing as appropriate.
• If Nurse Practitioner, Membership of the American Nurses Association (ANA).
• Driver's license with the State of Washington.
• Motor vehicle insurance liability policy, a certificate of deposit, or a liability bond to the required limits.
Job Specific Functions/Performance Expectations:
1. Provides medical care to all age groups in accordance with the State of Washington Department of Licensing and professional scope of practice.
2. Provides diagnostic and therapeutic medical services to CHC patients. Makes reasonable and sound medical assessments and treatment plans.
3. Obtains complete medical history and physical data from patients.
4. Interprets and integrates data to determine appropriate diagnostic and therapeutic procedures as needed.
5. Consults with physicians when indicated in managing acute and chronic medical needs of the patients.
6. Orders appropriate laboratory and diagnostic procedures.
7. Synthesizes data to determine preliminary diagnosis and therapeutic plan utilizing principles of prevention.
8. Interviews and advises patients regarding health and illness prevention. Recommends community resources to meet patient and family needs.
9. Instructs patient and family regarding medications and treatment instructions. Promotes medical care through direct patient care and education.
10. Identifies special needs of CHC patients and works with staff to address those needs.
11. Participates in Quality Improvement and Utilization Management programs and activities.
12. Documents encounters in an accurate and timely manner.
13. Provides therapeutic intervention following accepted guidelines or protocols.
14. Coordinates delivery of care with appropriate clinical staff to ensure quality of care is met.
15. Adheres to attendance standards in order to perform the job functions for daily operations and/or continuity of patient care.
We offer competitive wages and a comprehensive benefits package designed to address health, time off, retirement and career-advancement needs. We also offer an additional $0.75/hour for those who test proficiently in a second language.
To learn more and to apply for this position, please visit our website www.CHCsno.org to complete an online application and/or submit your resume for consideration.
Join a team that loves what they do and cares about those they serve.
CHC is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer (EEO/AA)/At-will employer.