The Physical Therapist operates in a team with other clinic healthcare providers and support staff. The Physical Therapist provides medical care to all age groups in accordance with the State of Washington Department of Licensing and professional scope of practice. The Physical Therapist provides treatment plan direction to rehabilitation aides. In addition, the Physical Therapist provides diagnostic and therapeutic medical services to CHC patients, while making reasonable and sound medical assessments and treatment plans.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Reads, speaks, understands and writes proficiently in English.
• Works independently and is self-directed.
• Works effectively in a team environment.
• Communicates effectively both orally and in writing.
• Organizes, prioritizes, and coordinates multiple activities and tasks.
• Works with initiative, energy and effectiveness in a fast-paced environment.
• Remains calm and effective in high pressure and emergency situations.
• Problem-solves with creativity and ingenuity.
• Knowledge of medical terminology.
• Knowledge of currently accepted physical therapy theory and practice, and associated legal and ethical issues.
• Demonstrates leadership and basic management skills.
• Ability to operate equipment available in the rehabilitation department.
• Ability to use rehabilitation computerized documentation, billing and e-mail software programs.
• Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office applications; Word, Excel and Outlook.
• Demonstrates flexibility and adaptability to adjust daily schedule to meet access demands and a complete workload.
• Bilingual skills.
• High school graduate or equivalent.
• Bachelor’s degree in Physical Therapy from an accredited American Physical Association approved school.
• Master’s or Doctorate degree in Physical Therapy (MPT or DPT) from an accredited American Physical Association approved school.
• Outpatient therapy experience (1 year).
• CPT-4 coding experience.
• ICD-10 coding experience.
• Healthcare information systems, such as electronic health record and practice management systems experience.
• Experience in a multiple provider medical practice.
• Working with low income, multi-ethnic populations.
• Physical Therapist (PT) license with the State of Washington.
• Basic Life Support for Healthcare Providers (CPR/AED) certification - must be obtained within forty-five (45) days of employment.
• Successful completion of CHC’s credentialing and privileging review upon hire and re-credentialing as appropriate.
• Membership of the American Physical Therapy Association (APTA).
• Driver's license with the State of Washington.
• Motor vehicle insurance liability policy, a certificate of deposit, or a liability bond to the required limits.
Job Specific Functions/Performance Expectations:
1. Provides medical care to all age groups in accordance with the State of Washington Department of Licensing and professional scope of practice.
2. Obtains complete medical history and physical data from patients.
3. Interprets and integrates data to determine appropriate diagnostic and therapeutic procedures as needed.
4. Evaluates patient current physical status and develops individualized, measurable and functional treatment goals and establishes interventions as appropriate to patient age, condition, diagnosis, response to treatment and learning needs.
5. Plans and implements a comprehensive and individualized physical therapy treatment plan. Modifies and progresses the program in response to changing patient needs. Instructs patient and caregivers to assist in achieving treatment goals.
6. Assumes responsibility and accountability for patient panel, including timely access to services, appropriate billing practices and quality of patient outcomes.
7. Promotes injury prevention: in-servicing employees, families/caregivers and community groups as appropriate, and identifying and reporting potential concerns.
8. Participates in department/service goal setting, and in Quality Improvement and Utilization Management programs and activities.
9. Documents encounters in an accurate and timely manner.
10. Coordinates delivery of care with appropriate clinical staff to ensure quality of care is met.
11. Assists in developing, implementing, coordinating and reviewing physical therapy policies and procedures, and recommend changes as appropriate.
12. Meets departmental standards for quality, customer service, and productivity.
13. Effectively communicates patient treatment plans to Rehabilitation Aides.
14. Adheres to attendance standards in order to perform the job functions for daily operations and/or continuity of patient care.
We offer competitive wages and a comprehensive benefits package designed to address health, time off, retirement and career-advancement needs. We also offer an additional $0.75/hour for those who test proficiently in a second language.
To learn more and to apply for this position, please visit our website www.CHCsno.org to complete an online application and/or submit your resume for consideration.
Join a team that loves what they do and cares about those they serve.
CHC is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer (EEO/AA)/At-will employer.