The Medical Practice Manager is responsible for and supervises the day-to-day operational activities of the support staff for the assigned medical practice. Such supervision must be in accordance with current federal, state, and local standards, guidelines, and regulations that govern the practice, and as may be required by the Chief Operating Officer, to ensure that the highest degree of quality care is maintained. The Manager, in conjunction with the Clinical Director, is responsible for the overall financial performance of the practice. The Manager coordinates patient care with the Clinical Director to provide maximum practice efficiencies. This position provides management and supervision to designated staff.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Reads, speaks, understands and writes proficiently in English.
• Effectively communicates orally and in writing.
• Represents the organization in a professional and effective manner to the community.
• Independent and self-directed.
• Supports, motivates and sustains a team-oriented culture.
• Provides operational and project management leadership across the organization.
• Articulates organizational vision and implements organizational strategic initiatives.
• Demonstrates excellent financial skills in budgeting and handling revenues and expenses.
• Exercises sound judgment, tact and diplomacy.
• Evaluates and effectively addresses highly complex issues and problems.
• Delegates work, sets expectations and monitors activities of subordinate staff appropriately.
• Applies skills in employee relations: recruiting, onboarding, coaching, terminations, etc.
• Demonstrates leadership and basic management skills.
• Knowledge of medical billing and insurance.
• Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office applications; Word, Excel and Outlook.
• Bilingual skills.
• High school graduate or equivalent.
• Associate’s degree in Business/Management or related field or in lieu of degree, a combination of equivalent education and work experience.
• Bachelor’s degree in Business/Management, Healthcare Management or related field.
• Medical practice or public health administration experience (5 years).
• Supervisory/management experience at the department level (3 years).
• Healthcare information systems, such as electronic health record and practice management systems experience.
• Certified Administrator in Physician Practice Management (CAPPM) American Academy of Medical Management.
• Medical Practice Executive (CMPE) certification by the American College of Medical Practice Executives.
• Membership of Medical Group Management Association (MGMA), American Medical Group Association (AMGA) or other relevant professional organization.
• Driver's license with the State of Washington.
• Motor vehicle insurance liability policy, a certificate of deposit, or a liability bond to the required limits.
Job Specific Functions/Performance:
1. Responsible for and supervises the day-to-day operational activities of the support staff for the assigned medical practice.
2. Responsible for support staff staffing to include recruitment, retention and overall job performance monitoring and management.
3. As a member of the Leadership Team, is responsible for oversight and management of day to day operations, including monitoring and evaluating practice financial and operational performance and initiating corrective action where appropriate and necessary.
4. Regularly reviews productivity and provider staffing and makes support staff adjustments as needed.
5. Provide direction and guidance on maintaining professionalism in all areas of operations and services, including internal and external customer service.
6. Responsible for handling, reporting and assisting in the resolution of patient complaints, billing issues and other administrative issues associated with the practice.
7. Monitors staff use of computer systems for accuracy and identifies issues and staff training requirements.
8. Assists in the management of timely documentation of patient visits.
9. Works with the Compliance Department to oversee health information activities and ensure appropriate handling of protected health information.
10. Interfaces with outside organizations regarding patient services, including but not limited to translation and transportation.
11. Ensures payment processing and the proper recording of financial records/transactions are conducted in accordance with established policies and procedures.
12. Assists with the timely completion and submission of service billing codes and completion of daily production reconciliation reports.
13. Responsible for collection, compilation and submission of accurate financial and statistical data.
14. Reviews and approves invoices and statements as appropriate.
15. Responsible for the maintenance and coordination of services for facility, property and equipment.
16. Adheres to organizational infection control practices and written plan.
17. Adheres to attendance standards in order to perform the job functions for daily operations and/or continuity of patient care.
We offer competitive wages and a comprehensive benefits package designed to address health, time off, retirement and career-advancement needs. We also offer an additional $0.75/hour for those who test proficiently in a second language.
To learn more and to apply for this position, please visit our website www.CHCsno.org to complete an online application and/or submit your resume for consideration.
Join a team that loves what they do and cares about those they serve.
CHC is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer (EEO/AA)/At-will employer.