Job Title: Inside Sales Solicitor
Position Type: Full-Time/ Non-Exempt
Hours: 6:30AM – 3:30PM
Job Category: Sales & Marketing Department
Hourly Range: $18.00 - $20.00
Position Summary: This position reports directly to the Sales Manager and is responsible for inside sales solicitations, calling prospective customers utilizing self-generated and assigned leads.
The following duties ARE NOT intended to serve as a comprehensive list of all duties performed in this position, only a representative summary of the primary duties and responsibilities.
Duties and Responsibilities (other duties may be assigned):
• Conduct inside sales calls via phone and email solicitations, and perform other lead generation activities.
• Obtain names and numbers of potential customers from manufacturer’s directory or internet.
• Make outbound calls to new potential customers, up to 50+ calls per day.
• Initiate, develop, and follow up on business leads.
• Keep up-to-date call records.
• Schedule appointments for sales representatives to meet with potential clients.
• Persuade potential customers to use SPD services, and explain services in detail and answer questions from customers.
• Enter customer and sales information into customer relations management tool. Obtain or verify customer information, including names, address, phone number, and shipping needs.
• Follow up on orders to ensure product satisfaction. Resolve customer issues regarding unsatisfactory service.
• Conduct customer surveys to ascertain level of customer service and product/service satisfaction. Setting appointments for outside sales Producer either in person or by phone.
• Transfer live leads to available Account Executive.
• High School diploma or equivalent preferred, and/or 2 plus years relevant experience.
• Previous trucking operations/sales experience preferred but not required.
• Demonstrated experience with accumulating data and producing accurate reporting in an acceptable format.
• Demonstrated success in developing and implementing sales strategies.
• Ability to work independently and utilize strong judgement on assigned tasks and accept direction.
• Utilize strong judgement in all situations.
• Strong organizational skills and demonstrates attention to detail.
• Strong leadership, communication and teamwork skills.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to interact effectively with a range of personnel.
• Demonstrated excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook)
• Strong business acumen consistent with SPD mission statement and culture.
• Ability to handle stress and stay organized, focused, even-tempered and congenial when faced with multiple deadlines.
• Maintain a presentable appearance.
Physical Requirements: The physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to sit, stand and walk, and have the ability to work for prolonged periods at a computer. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is frequently required to lift up to 30 pounds, and occasionally up to 50 pounds.
Smokey Point Distributing, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and strongly supports diversity in the workplace. We believe that diverse ideas, opinions and perspectives will build a strong foundation for success. In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at SPD will be based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. SPD does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices, or tolerate discriminate or harassment on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $18.00 - $20.00 per hour
We remain in compliance to ensure the safety of our employees.