Civil construction firm specializing in the creation and renovation of sports fields, city parks, wetland mitigations, infrastructure and roads projects is currently seeking experienced heavy equipment operators. The right candidates will have a minimum of 5 years experience operating large excavators and dozers. Must be able to perform pipe laying labor work when needed. Punctuality and reliable transportation is required. Prior superintendent and foreman experience are a plus.
Drug testing is a condition of employment.
95% of work pays prevailing wage.
Walk-ins welcome between 9AM - 4:30 PM Monday - Friday 20607 State Route 9 SE Snohomish WA 98296.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide support to successful completion of construction and engineering work.
- Read and understand blueprints.
- Knowledge of State, County and City codes and requirements.
- Operate all heavy equipment such as excavators, bulldozers, front-end loaders, and related equipment in a safe and secure way.
- Perform finish dozer work and ability to grade +- .10
- Dig main lines
- Read plan and set the lasers
- Operate the equipment in such a way as to prevent accidents and damage of property.
- Perform periodical safety, maintenance or servicing checks to ensure proper functioning of the equipment and make minor repairs if needed.
- Inform and advise the management or repairmen for major repairs or maintenance.
- Perform road work, clearing, grading, main line digging, storm, sewer, water and dry utilities and fine grading.
- Operate the equipment manually and also through the use of lasers.
A heavy equipment operator must possess knowledge to perform work satisfactorily. The essential criteria must include the knowledge of:
- Must have ability to read the plans, survey stakes and know how to set the lasers
- Minor repair of equipment
- Workplace safety practices
- Must have physical and mental ability to withstand strenuous and dangerous work environments. Ability to lift 50 lbs
- Possess the physical strength to operate heavy and power-driven equipment
- Ability to work as a team player
- Ability to communicate and interact both verbally and written
- A keen eye to details and good decision making skills
- Managing of emergency situations, work pressure and stress
- Ability to complete work projects on time and in an effective manner
- Possess a deep analytical understanding and problem solving skills
- Devoted to following code of ethics
- Able to work independently with minimum supervision
- Flexible to work during odd hours
Prevailing wages from $50 to $59 per hour
|Snohomish County Only
This job is either located or can be performed in Snohomish County
Only registered members can apply for jobs.