POSITION TITLE: Handyman
SUPERVISES: No One
REPORTS TO: AVP IS & Security
FLSA STATUS: Non-exempt
SALARY: $19-$21 hourly
NW+|CU seeks a knowledgeable and skilled general maintenance person to handle ongoing upkeep of our six office locations. Qualified individual should possess the ability to work independently, good communication skills, means and ability to travel between Everett and Burlington, strong attention to detail and hold the necessary skills and experience to perform general internal/external maintenance, repairs and troubleshooting.
To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Perform maintenance, light repairs and odd jobs
- Assist facilities vendors (HVAC, construction, electrical, plumbing, landscaping, security, fire, etc.) with scheduling, building access, maintenance and repairs
- Facilitate testing and maintain testing schedule for sprinkler, fire, alarm, etc.
- Maintain branch facilities supplies (ice melt, basic tools, light bulbs, snow shovels, etc.)
- Maintain offsite storage including moving boxes to offsite, inventory, facilitating shred pickups, etc.
- Identify and report the need for major repairs
Education and Skills Required
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 1-2 years of experience as a handyman or equivalent
- Experience with basic hand and power tools and electrical equipment
- Basic understanding of building systems including HVAC, electrical and plumbing
- Good troubleshooting skills
- Basic math skills
- Good communication
- Acute attention to detail
- Ability to maintain strict level of confidentiality and security in sensitive areas
- Ability to operate routine office equipment
- Flexibility and capacity to manage many responsibilities simultaneously
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and make sound decisions
- Ability to organize projects, to prioritize workflow, and complete multiple tasks simultaneously and accurately
- Occasional standing and walking.
- Frequent sitting.
- Occasional lifting up to 50 pounds.
- Occasional pushing, pulling, or carrying up to 50 pounds.
- Occasional bending and squatting.
- Occasional reaching at or below shoulder level.
- Frequent use of hands in repetitive tasks such as simple grasping, typing motion, and twisting/turning of wrists.
- Occasional finger manipulation to perform various clerical duties such as typing, filing, writing, and entering data into the computer system.
Use of Senses
- Frequent talking and hearing in person and on the telephone.
- Frequent periods of time viewing a computer monitor.
- Frequent clarity of vision at 20 inches or more.
- Frequent clarity of vision at 20 inches or less.
- Frequent interaction with others.
- Frequent deadlines to meet.
- Frequent attention to detail.
- Frequent alertness, precision, and concentration to ensure accuracy of transactions.
- Frequent use of initiative and problem-solving ability on routine matters.
- Frequent performing of basic numeric calculations, as well as writing, reading, comparing, and analyzing.
- Frequent use of initiative and problem-solving ability.
- Normal workday occasional overtime.
- Exposed to potentially hazardous conditions, i.e. Robbery.
NOTE: Job descriptions are not intended, and should not be constructed to be exhaustive lists of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with the job.
The credit union is an Equal Opportunity employer. Background reviews, including criminal and credit histories conducted prior to selection.