This is a Part Time evening position.
The Floor Care Technician position provides cleaning and maintenance of all floor types within the organization. This work is done under the direct supervision of the Environmental Services Supervisor. This position is responsible for supporting the efforts of the Environmental Services Team in maintaining a clean and safe working environment for all staff and visitors at CHC facilities.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Reads, speaks, understands and writes proficiently in English.
• Works independently and is self-directed.
• Works effectively in a team environment.
• Organizes, prioritizes, and coordinates multiple activities and tasks.
• Works with initiative, energy and effectiveness in a fast-paced environment.
• Remains calm and effective in high pressure and emergency situations.
• Produces work in high quantity and quality.
• Problem-solves with creativity and ingenuity.
• Possesses a basic understanding of electrical, plumbing and other building systems.
• Possesses a basic understanding of janitorial equipment and supplies.
• Bilingual skills.
• High school graduate or equivalent.
• Previous housekeeping, custodial, floor care or maintenance experience (1 year).
• Familiarity working in a medical facilities/clinics.
• Driver's license with the State of Washington.
• Motor vehicle insurance liability policy, a certificate of deposit, or a liability bond to the required limits.
Job Specific Functions/Performance Expectations:
1. Follows established daily, weekly, monthly, and quarterly floor care and/or cleaning schedule as outlined by supervisor.
2. Demonstrates proper cleaning technique according to product recommendations in support of environmental and infection control.
3. Demonstrates the ability to complete assigned tasks with minimal supervision.
4. Performs ad hoc floor cleaning projects as assigned by supervisor.
5. Demonstrates proper cleaning and maintenance technique according to product specifications. Able to clean and maintain a variety of floor types (commercial carpet, luxury vinyl tile, concrete, etc.).
6. Performs assigned work in a manner that minimizes safety hazards for patients, employees, and visitors.
7. Performs preventative maintenance on all floor care and housekeeping equipment.
8. Demonstrates safe, proper use of equipment and supplies.
9. Demonstrates the ability to complete assigned tasks with minimal supervision.
10. Requisition supplies and equipment needed for cleaning and maintenance duties.
11. Follows procedures for the use of chemical cleaners and power equipment in order to prevent damage to floors and fixtures.
12. Notify managers concerning the need for major repairs to equipment or additions to building operating systems.
13. Monitors building security and safety by performing such tasks as locking doors after operating hours and checking electrical appliance use to ensure that hazards are not created.
14. Adheres to attendance standards in order to perform the job functions for daily operations and/or continuity of patient care.
We offer competitive wages and a comprehensive benefits package designed to address health, time off, retirement and career-advancement needs. We also offer an additional $0.75/hour for those who test proficiently in a second language.
To learn more and to apply for this position, please visit our website www.CHCsno.org to complete an online application and/or submit your resume for consideration.
Join a team that loves what they do and cares about those they serve.
CHC is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer (EEO/AA)/At-will employer.