DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Routes or cases all classes of mail in sequence of delivery along an established route. Rearranges and relabels cases as required.
2. Withdraws mail from the distribution case and prepares it in sequence for efficient delivery independently or by another carrier along an established route. Prepares and separates all classes of mail to be carried by truck to relay boxes along route for subsequent delivery.
3. Handles undeliverable mail in accordance with established procedures.
4. Delivers mail along a prescribed route, on foot or by vehicle, on a regular schedule, picking up additional mail from relay boxes as needed. Collects mail from street letter boxes and accepts letters from mailing from customers; on certain routes may deliver mail that consists exclusively of parcel post, or the collection of mail.
5. Uses portable electronic scanner as instructed.
6. Delivers and collects charges on customs, postage-due, and C.O.D. mail matter. Delivers and obtains receipts for registered and certain insured mail. Signs for such matter, except insured mail, at the post office before beginning route and accounts for it upon return by payments of the amounts collected and delivery of of receipts taken.
7. Deposits in the post office mail collected on the route upon returning from the route.
8. Checks, and corrects if necessary, mailing cards from advertisers bearing names and addresses of customers or former customers on the route.
9. Furnishes customers with postal information and provides change of address cards and other postal forms as needed.
10. Reports to supervisor all unusual incidents or conditions relating to mail delivery, including condition of street letter boxes and centralized delivery equipment.
11. Becomes proficient, when assigned to a route, in the casing of mail on other routes as assigned.
12. Works professionally with other employees in the office.
13. May as a CCA, perform clerical duties and be required to pass examinations on scheme of city primary distribution.
14. In addition, may perform any of the following duties: check hotels and other establishments to ensure that mail for residents undeliverable as addressed is not improperly held; deliver stamps or other paper supplies to contract or classified stations and other designated delivery points; serves at carriers' delivery window; receive and register where practical, all letters and packages of first-class matter properly offered for registration; case mail and make deliveries on other routes as assigned.
DRIVING REQUIRED: Applicants must have a valid state driver’s license, a safe driving record, and at least two years of unsupervised experience driving passenger cars or larger. The driving must have taken place in the U.S. or its possessions or territories or in U.S. military installations worldwide.
Non-career 360-day term with possibility of reappointment. May lead to career position. Benefits include paid leave at the rate of 1 hr for every 20 hrs in pay status, holiday pay for 6 holidays, and pay raises per NALC National Agreement. Immediately eligible for USPSHB Plan with a $125 Postal premium contribution towards Self Only. Employer contribution towards greater than Self Only is 65% (75% for subsequent appointments). Upon reappointment to a second 360-day term after a 5-day break in service eligible for: health insurance under FEHB; dental and vision insurance through FEDVIP; flexible spending accounts through FSAFEDS and long-term care insurance through FLTCIP. Wounded Warrior leave available if eligibilitycriteria are met.
SALARY RANGE: $18.01 per hour paid bi-weekly
Copy and paste link to apply for Edmonds Post Office. If you have any questions definitely reach out to our office for assistance in applying
|7601 Olympic View Dr, Edmonds||
|Snohomish County Only||This job is either located or can be performed in Snohomish County|
|Hourly Wage||$15 - $20|
|Outside listing?||I want applicants to apply for this job elsewhere (my website, Monster, Indeed, etc.)|