Are you an individual committed to making a difference in the lives of individuals with disabilities? COME JOIN OUR TEAM, APPLY TODAY!
Residential Support Staff provide the essential supports and trainings on self-help and awareness skills to participants living within Village Community Services’ Residential Programs.
· Ensure all health and hygiene needs are met.
· Provide support and training as needed in daily living skills, meal preparation, leisure activities, shopping, medication, finances/personal budget, community/family interaction, medical appointments, and leisure activities.
· Observe, document, report and support any changes in mental, physical or emotional behavior.
· Maintain good communication with participants.
· Ability to read body language, assess moods and possible trouble areas, and diffuse potentially unsafe situations.
· Safeguard confidentiality of participant records and information.
· Participate in PCP’s, staff meetings and trainings.
· Ensure the participant’s homes are clean and well maintained.
· Keep all licenses and certificates current.
· Able to use good verbal, reading and writing skills
· Able to communicate effectively with coworkers, the community and families.
· Drive agency vehicles to transport participants when needed
· Frequently involves sitting, standing, walking, climbing stairs, lifting furniture, groceries, etc. up to 50 pounds
· Assisting with participant transfers from wheelchair to toilet, bed or vehicle
· Frequent hand and finger use to manipulate office supplies, operate office machines such as computers
· Ability to read computer monitor and paperwork
· General cleaning and upkeep of participant’s homes and yards
· Must have good communication skills
· Able to work with clients, staff, and families in a respectful and kind manner.
· Able to use good judgment, and be a positive role model who can effectively work with a variety of staff and client personalities
· Must be flexible to follow established site or client routines
· Able to quickly learn new job tasks
· Competitive Pay, DOE-education and experience
· Annual raises based on union contract
· Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and Disability Insurance
· Employee assistance program
· Paid time off
· Professional development assistance
· Referral program
· Retirement plan
· Flexible schedule
Qualifications, Education & Experience:
· 1 year of experience working with individuals with disabilities preferred, not required
· High school diploma (or equivalent)
· Washington State driver’s license with a good driving record
· Must pass a criminal background check
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $15.75 - $18.75 per hour
|3210 Smokey Point Drive Suite 200, Arlington||
|Snohomish County Only||This job is either located or can be performed in Snohomish County|