CHC will offer a $3,000.00 sign-on bonus for this position.
The Dental Assistant operates as an effective team member with dental clinic care providers and other front and back office support staff to provide quality dental treatment support, four-handed dentistry, oral health education, instrument repair and sterilization, facilities and equipment maintenance, and supply inventory & purchasing, in accordance with agency standards.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Reads, speaks, understands and writes proficiently in English.
• Independent and self-directed.
• Works effectively in a team environment.
• Organizes, prioritizes, and coordinates multiple activities and tasks.
• Works with initiative, energy and effectiveness in a fast-paced environment.
• Remains calm and effective in high pressure and emergency situations.
• Produces work in high quantity and quality.
• Problem-solves with creativity and ingenuity.
• Use of multi-line telephones and other office machines.
• Knowledge of dental terminology.
• Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office applications; Word, Excel and Outlook.
• Bilingual skills.
• High school graduate or equivalent.
• Graduate of a Dental Assisting program; or a foreign trained dentist.
• Customer service related experience working with the general public (1 year).
• Experience in a multiple provider dental practice.
• Digital imaging familiarity.
• CDT-5 coding experience.
• Healthcare information systems, such as electronic health record and practice management systems experience.
• Working with low income, multi-ethnic populations.
• Dental Assistant registration with the State of Washington.
• Basic Life Support for Healthcare Providers (CPR/AED) certification - must be obtained within 90 days of employment.
• Dental Assistant certification by the Dental Assisting National Board (DANB).
Job Specific Functions/Performance Expectations:
1. Greets patients, interpreters and visitors, in person and by phone, in a prompt, courteous and helpful manner, to respond to inquiries, take messages, and provide accurate information regarding schedules and services.
2. Assists patients in completing all necessary forms, verifies contents, provides complete pre-op and post-op instructions, answers questions or refers as needed to the Dentists, and assures completion of pre-authorizations.
3. Works in tandem with the reception staff in managing interpretive services.
4. Assists the Dentists in determining dental problems and offering oral health education.
5. Assists Dentists with timely delivery of accurate and complete fee slips to receptionist for every patient encounter.
6. Monitors schedules and patient arrivals, participates in sequencing patients, and provides assistance to co-workers to maintain a smooth and efficient patient flow for entire clinic for maximum productivity.
7. Performs competently and independently all dental treatment procedures in use at CHC and allowable by Dental Assistants under Washington State Law.
8. Performs radiographic surveys as prescribed by the Dentists for diagnostic purposes (expose, develop, mount and label films.
9. Assists the Dentists chairside in providing dental care for patients utilizing efficient four handed dentistry techniques of instrument exchange, oral evacuation, tissue retraction, and materials preparation.
10. Opens and closes operatories and keeps operatories fully stocked, organized, and safe. Reprocess operatories and instruments following each patient encounter with promptness and efficiency. Prepares appropriate instruments and materials for each treatment procedure.
11. Maintains current knowledge of dental materials, dental procedures, oral hygiene procedures, and sterilization/disinfection procedures in use at CHC.
12. Follows established inventory and supply monitoring system and purchasing protocols for maintaining stock and ordering supplies as assigned.
13. Follows established protocols for routine cleaning, disinfection, sterilization, maintenance and repair of instruments and equipment.
14. Performs the duties of a Dental Receptionist, as needed, and assists with other departments when called upon.
15. Adheres to organizational infection control practices and written plan.
16. Adheres to attendance standards in order to perform the job functions for daily operations and/or continuity of patient care.
We offer competitive wages and a comprehensive benefits package designed to address health, time off, retirement and career-advancement needs. We also offer an additional $2.00/hour weekend differential for working hours on Saturday and/or Sunday and an additional $0.75/hour for those who test proficiently in a second language.
To learn more and to apply for this position, please visit our website www.CHCsno.org to complete an online application and/or submit your resume for consideration.
Join a team that loves what they do and cares about those they serve.
CHC is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer (EEO/AA)/At-will employer.