The Communications Assistant is responsible for the daily administrative and operational activities and functions of the area(s) over which there is assigned duty. The Assistant contributes to the successful achievement of the organization’s mission and strategic initiatives and is responsible assisting the Manager build brand recognition and perception of the organization’s brand. The Assistant will provide support managing the organization’s online presence as well as assist with developing and editing print and digital materials of internal and external communication pieces. This position will produce reports related to the work of the Department and have solid understanding of social media. The Assistant will also provide support with video production and the organizing and archiving of raw and project media. The position will assist with building and maintaining relationships with community partners.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Reads, speaks, understands and writes proficiently in English.
• Effectively communicates orally and in writing.
• Effective proofing skills (writing, design, photo, video, etc.).
• Works independently and is self-directed.
• Supports, motivates and sustains a team-oriented culture.
• Organizes, prioritizes, and coordinates multiple activities and tasks.
• Produces work in high quantity and quality.
• Works with initiative, energy and effectiveness in a fast-paced environment.
• Problem-solves with creativity and ingenuity.
• Ability to use and analyze Google Analytics.
• Proficiency in the use of Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator) and Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint) applications.
• Knowledge of the health care field.
• Knowledge of low-income and multi-ethnic populations.
• Proficiency in the use of WordPress.
• Proficiency in the use of SharePoint.
• Knowledge of social media platforms.
• Knowledge of email marketing distribution.
• High school graduate or equivalent.
• Associate’s degree in Marketing, Communications, Design or related field or in lieu of degree, a combination of equivalent education and work experience.
• Marketing and Communications experience at the department level (2 years).
• Development and editing of marketing materials (2 years).
• Use of Adobe (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator) and Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint) applications (2 years).
• Intranet and website site maintenance (1 year).
• Analysis and use of data gathering tools (e.g. Google Analytics) (1 year).
• Proofing skills (writing, editing, photo, video, etc.).
• Community health center, medical/dental practice or other health care setting experience (1 year).
• Working in a not-for-profit organization.
• Working with low income, multi-ethnic populations.
• Driver's license with the State of Washington.
• Motor vehicle insurance liability policy, a certificate of deposit, or a liability bond to the required limits.
Job Specific Functions/Performance Expectations:
1. Brand Integrity – Assist with building recognition and perception of the organization’s brand internally and within the community through maintaining consistent style guidelines, messaging and visual identity throughout all of the organization’s locations by educating staff with the importance of brand identity.
2. Internal and External Communications – Collaborate with teams, subject matter experts and leadership to ensure messaging meets the needs of the organization and the target audience.
3. Intranet/Company Website/Online Presence/Social Media – Provide support in managing the organizations presence with updates on content with the focus on meeting brand standards and ease of navigation towards a desired outcome with relevance, consistency and accuracy of information on the site. Solid understanding of how each social media channel works and how to optimize content for optimal engagement and leads.
4. Community Relations and Partnerships – Assists in building and maintaining relationships with community partners by representing the organization at community meetings to pursue collaboration efforts, such as events sponsorship and/or participation with local agencies and internal departments. Assists managing the company vehicle for organizational hosted and/or community sponsored events and activities.
5. Data Analysis/Reporting – Produces communications related reports and information for the Department.
6. Content Development – Assist with developing and editing print and digital materials for the following (but not limited to) advertising, email campaigns, social media advertisements, web presentation, educational materials and newsletters to promote services provided by the organization.
7. Design – Assist with the creation, coordination and/or completion of graphics design and audio/visual production for print, digital and online. Provide support in designing and producing artwork (or work with external vendors) for communications-related projects as well as developing scripts, storyboards related to audio/video content for internal/external promotion.
8. Video Production – Provide support in managing and organizing raw and project media. Assist in the setup and breakdown of site visit productions.
9. Administrative Support – Responsible for a wide range of administrative support-related tasks for the department involving planning, correspondence, communication, document preparation, office/studio organization, management of supplies, filing, printing and copying. Provides support and assistance in the absence of the Communications Manager.
10. Attendance – Adheres to standards in order to perform the job functions for daily operations and/or continuity of patient care.
We offer competitive wages and a comprehensive benefits package designed to address health, time off, retirement and career-advancement needs. We also offer an additional $0.75/hour for those who test proficiently in a second language.
To learn more and to apply for this position, please visit our website www.CHCsno.org to complete an online application and/or submit your resume for consideration.
Join a team that loves what they do and cares about those they serve.
CHC is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer (EEO/AA)/At-will employer.