The Administrative Assistant is responsible for providing support and assistance to designated clinics and members of the Management Team. The Administrative Assistant is responsible for a wide range of administrative support-related tasks for members of the Management Team, involving planning, correspondence, communication, document preparation, office organization, supply management, travel arrangements, etc. The Administrative Assistant handles the maintenance of calendars/schedules for members of the Management Team, committees and teams, including, but not limited to the scheduling of appointments, arranging meetings, setting up rooms, ordering food, building meeting agendas and minutes, etc. The Administrative Assistant performs clerical and receptionist activities including, but not limited to answering phones, transferring calls, taking messages, greeting visitors, faxing documents, filing, printing, copying, assisting staff with other general receptionist tasks, etc.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Reads, speaks, understands and writes proficiently in English.
• Communicates effectively both orally and in writing.
• Represents the organization in a professional and effective manner to the community.
• Works independently and is self-directed.
• Supports, motivates and sustains a team-oriented culture.
• Problem-solves with creativity and ingenuity, to propose solutions while adapting to competing demands.
• Organizes, prioritizes, and coordinates multiple activities and tasks.
• Works with initiative, energy and effectiveness in a fast-paced environment.
• Remains calm and effective in high pressure and emergency situations.
• Works effectively in a team environment.
• Produces work in high quantity and quality.
• Keyboarding: 50-55 wpm with a 95% accuracy rate.
• Intermediate proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office applications; Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
• Upholds a strict level of confidentiality.
• Familiarity with Federally Qualified Health Centers.
• Familiarity with various computer software applications; DocuSign, Zoom, Adobe, Illustrator and Publisher.
• Shorthand or transcription skills.
• High school graduate or equivalent.
• Associates degree in a related field or in lieu of degree, a combination of equivalent education and work experience.
• Reception, administrative or secretarial experience working with executive level management in a professional setting (1 years).
• Familiarity with editing and proofreading documents.
• Driver's license with the State of Washington.
• Motor vehicle insurance liability policy, a certificate of deposit, or a liability bond to the required limits.
Job Specific Functions/Performance Expectations:
1. Responsible for providing support and assistance to members of the Management Team.
2. Responsible for handling, reporting and assisting in the resolution of administrative issues associated with administrative services. Solves daily operational problems and seeks counsel from Senior Administrative Assistant(s)or Executive Assistant, supervisor and/or appropriate member of the Management Team, as needed.
3. Responsible for a wide range of administrative support-related tasks for members of the Management Team, involving planning, correspondence, communication, document preparation, office organization, management of supplies, etc.
4. Assists with the maintenance of calendars/schedules for members of the Management Team and other committees and teams, including, but not limited to the scheduling of appointments, arranging meetings, setting up rooms, ordering food, building meeting agendas, etc.
5. Performs clerical and receptionist activities including, but not limited to answering phones, taking messages, greeting visitors, faxing documents, filing, printing, copying, and assisting staff with other general tasks, etc.
6. Maintains shared spaces, such as reception, break room, board room, conference room, etc., clean, organized and well maintained.
7. Processes building mail; Receives, distributes and prepares mail; appropriately processes those items requiring priority attention.
8. Assists with the management of office supplies; monitors usage to maintain sufficient supplies and supports special requests.
9. Maintains office equipment shared by administrative office staff: copiers, printers, fax machines, postage machine, etc. Keeps ink, toner, and paper present in appropriate equipment at all times. Calls for repair service when appropriate.
10. Provides assistance to ensure compliance with document formatting and organization branding guidelines (e.g., proofreading and editing).
11. Adheres to attendance standards in order to perform the job functions for daily operations and/or continuity of patient care.
We offer competitive wages and a comprehensive benefits package designed to address health, time off, retirement and career-advancement needs. We also offer an additional $0.75/hour for those who test proficiently in a second language.
To learn more and to apply for this position, please visit our website www.CHCsno.org to complete an online application and/or submit your resume for consideration.
Join a team that loves what they do and cares about those they serve.
CHC is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer (EEO/AA)/At-will employer.