|Company Name||Sky Valley Chamber of Commerce|
|Company Location||320 Main Street|
Sky Valley chamber of commerce
TITLE: Economic Development and Tourism Manager
REPORTS TO: Director
Major Function and Purpose
This is a new position for the chamber in partnership with funding from the City of Sultan/ARPA.
It is a full-time temporary role for the 2 ½ years. The goal of the position is three-fold.
- Work with the Director to develop website content to increase engagement from the business community. Once established use the site to push out events and programs for the businesses and community. Tech/coding background Not necessary.
- Work with local businesses to support their needs for marketing and growth.
- Help promote the community to visitors and future businesses. Develop events or programs that draw residents and visitors to increase foot traffic to downtown.
- Work with the Director to create and develop the content for a new website.
- Work with the Director to create business support programs that work within the ARPA requirements. This support could range from helping businesses with marketing, business improvement plans and events to increase foot traffic.
- Partner with regional organizations to learn what is working well and what is not. Then take the knowledge and apply it to Sultan.
- Reach out to each of the businesses and establish common themes of support. This may range from community events to increase foot traffic to a regional marketing strategy.
- Develop a database of commercial property and storefronts to assist future businesses with options to expand or move to Sultan.
- Work with the Economic Alliance of Snohomish County and other resources to gather stats and demographics of the community. The goal is to establish a data driven marketing document to showcase the value of Sultan.
- Partner with Snohomish County and other agencies on ARPA grants for the businesses.
- Assist with social media marketing and other avenues to increase the value of Sultan.
Desirable Knowledge, Skills And Abilities
Experience or education in Economic Development, and tourism programs.
Prior experience in working for a chamber or Destination Marketing Organization is a plus.
Experience or education in supporting businesses and developing business focused marketing plans and strategies.
Experience with or desire to learn grant writing.
Experience managing A CRM and email list in software such as Hootsuite, Constant Contact, MailChimp, etc.
Comfort with formal and informal communications with vendors, businesses, and community members.
Social Media Marketing Experience.
Working knowledge of websites and developing content for them.
Fundraising or event coordination experience a plus.
The Sky Valley Chamber has an office in downtown Sultan.
The position will have flexible hours and the ability to design your own work area.
Salary will range between $50,000 and $60,000 depending on experience. Includes basic benefits and holidays.
The Sky Valley Chamber has a wonderful relationship with our partners at the City of Sultan. We have a very collaborative & creative work environment. This opportunity comes at a very exciting time when this community is at crossroads and poised for growth.
This position will remain open until filled. Interviews will be scheduled beginning 8-23-2021.
Please send your resume to: Sky Valley Chamber firstname.lastname@example.org
360-793-0983 Feel free to call if you have any questions. Thank you for your interest!
Current job openings at Sky Valley Chamber of Commerce
- Currently this employer doesn't have any openings.